Monday, September 24, 2012

Shane

I actually enjoyed this movie.  I like westerns. I love the ideas of heroes in any movie.  Shane reminded me of Clint Eastwood’s character in Unforgiven. Both have a quiet confidence.  Neither has to prove themselves to the “bad boys” of the movie.  Even though we know a little about Munny, he is still mysterious while we know nothing about Shane.  Both ride off into at the end of movie after completing their job.  The color in Shane was beautiful because it captured the rawness of the outdoors.  Because I don’t much about Shane, I can only guess that he may have a violent past or he was just riding to find a new life. Munny was a violent murder who redeems himself by actually obtaining justice for women.  Both men are heroes but in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment