Monday, December 10, 2012

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies, so I'm glad we got to watch it again. Last year I was actually in London for Guy Fawkes day, so watching this again was a reminder of that fun holiday. I'm glad I didn't get blown up on my tube ride home after the fireworks! Natalie Portman gives one of her most convincing performances in this film, and her struggle to cope with a madman is so believable. There are many themes in this film, and they include fear, love, anger, and contempt. London is also a wonderful place to film, and I think that the setting tied this movie together. Especially for us Americans, watching films set in different places is eye opening as well as entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. The overarching themes of this film are the themes I respect most within it. Not only is it a beautiful work, but it addresses political uncertainties that Americans as well as Europeans experience. The near-futuristic setting with the closeness of the present allows viewers to truly ponder the types and powers of government.

    ReplyDelete