Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Some films I watched this past weekend

I spent the weekend with my best friend and we decided to rent some movies that looked funny and not to serious. The first one was I Don't Know How She Does It which stars Sarah Jessica Parker. It was about a Mother who as the title suggests "does it all". She has a demanding career and a family and has to figure out how to balance both. She has a nanny unlike many of us and I thought this film was very predictable and kind of boring. Greg Kinear must have had nothing else going on to take this part because I usually find his films and his roles interesting but since Pierce Bronson was also in it I should have known better.

The next film was The Five Year Engagement starring Jason Segal and Emily Blunt. This film was funnier but also predictable. I did like how it poked fun of Michigan and the acting was not bad either. I found myself laughing at many scenes even if they were not realistic but what movie of this type is?

The third movie was called Darling Companion and I was looking forward to seeing this because of all the good actors that were in it and because the story line involves a dog. I was highly disappointed. The plot of the movie involved a family coming together over searching for the main character's lost dog. This could have been a much better film. It seemed that they just took a bunch of good actors and rushed through the production or the writing was lacking..something was missing. They also had a very annoying character that took away from the film instead of the intended purpose which was to bring the family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment