Thursday, October 4, 2012

Black Hawk Down


So far this was the most enjoyable movie we had to watch outside of class. I appreciate war films but they usually lose my interest when there is an extended fight scene. I liked the lighting differences between the day and night fighting. The action scenes were engaging and the editing created suspense. I almost wish the fight scene could have been broken up, but I realize the length reflects the length of the fight endured by the soldiers. Over all a cool piece of cinema.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Alyssa that this was the most enjoyable movie we've watched outside of class. The use of different camera angles and ariel shots really added to the film. I felt as though I was standing right next to the soldiers, experiencing everything that they were, which I think is what the director was going for. Normally I don't like gory movies, but this one wasn't too bad (which I wasn't expecting). I think they did a wonderful job keeping the movie realistic but also engaging for the viewer.

    ReplyDelete