Sunday, October 9, 2011

13 Assassins Reflection

After watching this film I couldn't help but wonder why I haven't seen it sooner. I'm glad it was assigned to our list because it was an all around great film. The fact that it was based on a true incident made it even more interesting. For this reason I plan on watching the original 1963 black and white version. The only flaw I feel was in character development. It was hard to remember each characters role in the intricate storyline. Otherwise I loved the film, as did the group of friends I watched it with.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it was an awesome movie, definitely one of the best ones I've seen this year. I agree that it was difficult to follow the role of each of the thirteen assassins. However, I believe that this movie can be watched several times, and that way you begin to remember all of the characters. One of the reasons why the characters seemed so interchangeable was that they didn't get to develop such personalities as the characters in, for example, The Lord of the Rings -trilogy. I found many correlations between these movies and I wish they'd make a trilogy out of this epic too :)

    ReplyDelete