I'm not looking for full papers on each question, but answers should have some depth. The more complete you are, the better. Examples from our assigned or in-class viewings are a plus; outside examples, even more so.
- Film editing is sometimes called the “invisible art”. What does this mean and how did it come about?
- Early Russian filmmakers stood in contrast to this idea. Who were they and what did they do differently?
- Cinema is often referred to as having a “language” or a “grammar”. What is meant by this? Please cite examples.
- The concepts of “montage” and “mis en scene” are components of cinematic style. What are they and how are they used?
- A film is made three times. What is meant by this statement?